August 15, 2009                                                       (Healing)

I have known Rhonda since we were in our teens, and can tell you that she has always had the touch and the heart of a healer. Her SFQ practice has expanded her toolbox and allowed her to offer additional healing options to an ever-expanding group of living beings. As she continues to learn and grow in her practice, her toolbox continues to fill with things that will benefit all that know her.

 In 2006 I was diagnosed with a large uterine fibroid. Rhonda offered to work on me and I remember feeling calmer and more positive when she did. She also brought me to the center and paid for an appointment with Master Lin, as she knew I was unemployed and struggling financially. I felt that, between Rhonda’s work, my appointments at the center, and what I had learned by taking a level one class, qigong was working to reduce the size of my tumor and I was grateful to Rhonda for her friendship and her healing practice.

 In the late summer of 2007, after coming back from a level four retreat I saw Rhonda while on a break from my job at the MN State Fair. I have experienced sacroiliac pain since an injury I suffered in the mid 1980’s, that pain had been exacerbated by the large fibroid, and on that particular day I was in a great deal of discomfort. Rhonda offered to work on me as we sat on a bench in front of the dispatch center. As she began to work on me I could feel the energy moving through my body as if it were an electrical current massage. When she was finished, my pain was gone and I felt energized. It was, at the time, as if I could feel the energetic field that was surrounding her, in a way that was stronger than it had ever felt before.

 In 2008 I went to my ObGyn and found out that, as I had suspected, my fibroid had grown. After a great deal of research, I decided to have a radiological procedure called UFE: uterine fibroid embolization. When I told Rhonda that I was going to have the procedure, she asked if she could be there to do qigong during the procedure. As it turned out she was by my side throughout my hospital stay both as my best friend and as a qigong practitioner. Her presence there was very soothing and made an otherwise unpleasant experience bearable. During the days and weeks after the procedure, Rhonda came to my house daily and worked on me. I was in a great deal of pain, which lasted much longer and was more intense than the literature stated and doctors believed it would be. Although I was on painkillers, it was clear that it was the daily work that Rhonda did when she came over that gave me the most comfort and relief. I also believe that the qigong aided in the shrinkage of the tumor, and that Rhonda’s daily visits and qigong sessions shortened the amount of time I was in recovery. She also worked on my mother when she would come over, and I noticed a distinct improvement in her energy level and attitude.

D. B.
Lauderdale, MN